Haivision Makito X4-1.4 Release
Haivision has recently released new 1.4 software for the Makito X4 Encoder and Makito X4 Rugged Encoder, which introduces several new features. The most important for us is that the Makito X4 can now encode ST 2110 video in H.264 or HEVC, along with audio and ancillary metadata for SMPTE 2110 and path redundancy for SRT streams.
Release features include:
- SMPTE ST 2110 – The Makito X4 Encoder with a 10Gbps Ethernet transceiver installed in the SFP+ port can input SMPTE ST 2110 compliant video, audio, and ancillary metadata streams. Up to four ST 2110-20 video streams, or essence, can be ingested simultaneously. Click here to find out more.
- 10G SFP+ support – When operating a Makito X4 Encoder in SMPTE ST 2110 mode.
- Analogue audio (Makito X4 Rugged) – Encode analogue audio, mono or stereo, along with video. Ideal for encoding and streaming cockpit audio from airborne ISR platforms.
- Enable RAI for TS streams – Insert Random Access Indicators (RAI) with I-frames so that receivers can decode from any point within the stream.
- Path Redundancy – SRT active/backup mode is now fully supported from the web user interface along with active mode.
- Autosave presets – Automatically save encoder settings to avoid a reconfiguration in case of power outage.
- Improved AV sync – Ensure that video and audio streams are always kept synchronised, no matter the resolution and frame rate used.
- Expanded audio bitrates – Encode audio as low as 14kbps to as high as 576kbps per stream.
- Erase appliance memory – Erase all non-volatile memory components of a Makito X4 Encoder and Makito X4 Rugged for sensitive or classified deployments before returning to factory.
Customers must first download and install a 1.4 license and then install the release 1.4 software.
The license and software are both available from the Support Portal.
Want to know more?
The ST2110 option is sold separately. Please contact Tyrell on firstname.lastname@example.org, 0207 148 6200 or +353 (1) 888 1118 to order your ST2110 license or discuss the Makito X range.