Avid NEXIS | VFS virtual file system
With the NEXIS F-Series release Avid is making a move to a subscription model for the Avid NEXIS | VFS virtual file system. Customers now have the choice of the following deployments:
- Capex– Perpetual- the traditional higher hardware cost and annual support from Year 2.
- Opex– Subscription- a lower initial hardware cost with a higher annual subscription to the file system that also includes support.
- SaaS– Avid Edit-On-Demand- NEXIS and Media Composer on Microsoft Azure Cloud.
- BYOC– Bring your own cloud- a small step for Avid outside of their SaaS offering. In this case your NEXIS|FLEX subscription will be in your own Azure VNET /VPC.
Avid are not the first to head down this path, but they have been clever in identifying that their customers see a future in cloud production. NEXIS F-Series users will be able to migrate their NEXIS|FLEX subscription from their on-premises systems to the cloud as and when they are ready to. NEXIS|FLEX subscriptions can be migrated to Avid Edit-On-Demand or to your own Azure cloud environment.
What do you need to know?
- NEXIS|FLEX subscription is only available on the NEXIS F-Series chassis. Users of E-Series will remain with the traditional perpetual licensing structure.
- NEXIS|FLEX subscriptions are an annual term but multi-year subscriptions can be purchased.
- The Avid NEXIS Management console warns of impending subscription expiration 60 days before the license expires.
- If a subscription expires, regardless of the reason Avid will allow TWO read only connections to allow you to move your data.
- NEXIS|FLEX is available as an online and nearline annual subscription with each TB charged for as a flat rate. Unlike other manufacturers there isn’t a sliding scale which makes things clearer for the customer.
Want to know more about Avid NEXIS|FLEX Subscription or Avid NEXIS F-Series or place an order?
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org, 0207 148 6200 or +353 (1) 888 1118.